I guess all I can really do to make up for lost memoir dump is a "borrowed" meme and short paragraph summaries...
1. What did you do in 2013 that you'd never done before?
Get major elective surgery =_=;;
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
draw more — big fat NUUUU
game more — sort of... had to quit MMORPGs (probably until certain kids grow up), but I did get a second hand Xbox360 and finish Harry Potter 1-4 to 100% completion XD and my co-workers think I'm like the biggest Street Fighter Ace in the office... (*_*);;
progress fitness more — technically no, tearing a cruciate ligament pretty much ruined progress, but I guess my rate of recovery is a pretty big achievement for me this year.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Not really. A number of acquaintances did!
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2014 that you lacked in 2013?
7. What date from 2013 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
Saturday April 27th - the day I tore my ACL (T^T)
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Landing a kick-ass job and being kick-ass at what I do there.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Landing limit-breaking jump kicks =_=
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
YES! Refer to #1, #2, #7, #9 and probably a few more questions below.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Complete Veronica Mars and Samurai Pizza Cats series on DVD!
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
All my friends - they're awesome! And my physio for helping me with my injury.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
No one in particular comes to mind.
14. Where did most of your money go?
The mortgage. Second place to ACL reconstructive surgery.
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
My most favourite group fitness instructor opening a group fitness studio locally!
16. What song will always remind you of 2013?
The Phoenix Fall Out Boy, Save Rock and Roll
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? happier despite the injury
ii. thinner or fatter? about the same, but I should really watch what I eat more...
iii. richer or poorer? definitely richer although considering the expenses this year, I've ended up about the same
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Drawing? Working on my lolWebsite?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Cleaning and general housework.
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With family as per usual tradition. Although it's kind of sad that the gathering is somewhat smaller this year.
21. What was your favorite TV program?
Veronica Mars - it's old, but I only remembered meteordust gave me a copy of it to me late last year!
22. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
23. What was the best book you read?
Reading wasn't really my "thing" last year.
24. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Didn't really have one, but looking for Christmas presents for my niece introduced me to ear-worm K-Pop boy band B1A4.
25. What did you want and get?
New job that was better but at the same time similar to my flailing old job.
26. What was your favorite film of this year?
Didn't really have time for movies! The Wolverine I guess, because it didn't suck as hard as the first one.
27. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Cake with family. Old enough to lose interest in counting.
28. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not breaking my ACL...
29. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2013?
The same as 2012...
30. What kept you sane?
Coffee and working out - especially with my favourite GFI.
31. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
32. What political issue stirred you the most?
The Australian federal election.
33. Who did you miss?
Friends I couldn't catch up with either in person or online.
34. Who was the best new person you met?
No single person - new co-workers.
35. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2013:
Push yourself to the limit, but try not to break yourself getting there @_@
36. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
There can be miracles
When you believe (When you believe)
Though hope is frail
It's hard to kill (Mmm)
Who knows what miracles
You can achieve (You can achieve)
When you believe somehow you will
You will when you believe
Health Aspirations: Trimming down for my brother's wedding in June and possibly another trip to Malaysia. I've reach the point where only major diet fixing will reduce "the pudge" so it'll be a challenge...
Work Aspirations: Pretty happy where I am now. Hopefully next year will be more of the same. Maybe with some kind of pay rise? But to be honest, the fact that my contribution is visibly making the company better and the extremely flexible hours more than makes up for the fact that I'm probably severely under paid for what I actually do.
I mean, where else can I work from home at the drop of a hat or pick my hours so that I can rush back home to do 5:30PM classes??
Games Aspirations: I honestly think I've hit a brickwall here. I'll probably be happy with just clearing the long list of backlog... yesistillhaven'tfinishedSymphoniashutup
Art/Fandom Aspirations: I've also hit a brickwall here. Although the last get together at fluffyduck's gave some glimmer of inspiration not to resurrect my poor old website. What's an affordable CGI rendering program these days? :\ Maybe I can just try to install Adobe 95 on my laptop >_>;;
Random Thoughts About: At least two or three weddings and a 90th celebration in Malaysia. And sassy little "Chibi-Me" is going to be 3. It's going to be another interesting year!
2014 Resolution Summary
1. Draw more / Resurrect website!
2. Build leg strength up to jumping evasive, split knee, tuck jump and star jump levels again
3. Clear games backlog @_@