While I only achieved two of my 2010 goals, the ones that were crossed off where pretty major:
I guess I'll be carrying over the ones I didn't get around to.
Actually, I like meteordust's year in review meme, so I'm going to "yoink" it:
1. What did you do in 2010 that you'd never done before?
Went to London!
2. Did you keep your new year's resolutions, and will you make more for next year?>
Some. Will carry over to 2011 and add the following:
i. Level up cooking skills!
ii. Run City2Surf in under 80 minutes
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Yes (sort of).
4. Did anyone close to you die?
5. What countries did you visit?
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
Sleep. But some how I don't think this will be the year to ask for it...
7. What date from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 11 - I finally got to meet my online best (girl) friend in real life.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
* Exploring London mostly by myself for two weeks.
* Creating a working prototype for an Android application.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Missing chuuchuu's PhD graduation ceremony because I got "ashed" on the way back home from London :(
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Nice coat from Zara in London.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
chuuchuu for fixing my backyard.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
No one in particular.
14. Where did most of your money go?
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
London! Harry Potter 7: Part 1! Catching up with High School Friends (some of whom I haven't seen in more than 10 years)!
16. What song will always remind you of 2010?
For Good - Wicked.
It's a pretty melancholic tune to summarise an awesome year, but there's a reason for it that I won't really go into :>
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? - Happier.
ii. thinner or fatter? - Depends on your definition of "fatter". I didn't meet my 5kg goal that's for sure XD
iii. richer or poorer? - Poorer. But still happier.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
20. How will you be spending Christmas?
With family. Eating.
21. Did you fall in love in 2010?
22. How many one-night stands?
23. What was your favorite TV program?
24. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
No one new.
25. What was the best book you read?
The rest of the Harry Potter novels.
26. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Wicked: The Musical.
27. What did you want and get?
Related to my 2010 goals.
28. What was your favorite film of this year?
How to Train your Dragon.
29. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
Dinner with the family minus chuuchuu because he was running around China at the time...
2009 age + 1
30. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
Not getting "ashed" on.
31. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Hasn't changed: care factor => zero.
32. What kept you sane?
Participating in group fitness classes at the gym - specifically Combat and Attack classes.
33. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
Still Hugh Jackman.
34. What political issue stirred you the most?
Don't really do politics.
35. Who did you miss?
Family members who weren't around for Christmas.
36. Who was the best new person you met?
My White Mage.
37. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010:
Nothing major to note.
38. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year:
I Like London in The Rain
Well, actually, it wasn't raining all the time. There was only really one day where it poured down hard enough to get an umbrella out. The rest of the time it was bloody cold (for someone who grew up in Sydney/Manila), or grey or annoyingly drizzly.
I guess it's pretty easy to see what memory dominated 2010...